Whether you’re an expert green thumb or a novice gardener, now’s the perfect time to plan your garden ideas for the rest of the year. Some of us at Eminence Organics like to turn to the Eminence Certified Organic Farm for inspiration when planting a garden, and you can do the same! Located in the Hungarian countryside, the award-winning Eminence Certified Organic Farm grows dozens of fruit, herb and vegetable plant varietals that change with the seasons – and are all ingredients used to produce the finest Eminence Organics skin care products.
Here’s your chance to be inspired by our farm and plant a little bit of Hungary in your own garden – these are our gardening tips for a few of your favorite Eminence Organics ingredients.
1. Peppermint has a tendency to spread – so if you don’t want this fresh-scented herb to take over your garden, you should plant it in a pot or bury edging around the plant to contain the roots.
2. Move the plants to a new location every 3-4 years. If you leave them too long in one place, the plant will become weak and spindly.
HOW WE USE PEPPERMINT
You’ll find a pop of peppermint in Eminence Organics Citrus Lip Balm, a petroleum-free treat for the lips. Enriched with shea butter and sunflower seed oil, the balm gives lips maximum hydration and a sexy sheen
1. Water your pumpkin plant in the evening when the fruit does most of its growing. During peak growing weeks, pumpkins can expand as much as 2 inches in circumference every night.
2. When watering, make sure you only water the base of the plant. Wet leaves can lead to mildew and disease.
HOW WE USE PUMPKIN
Rich in enzymes, beta-carotene, amino acids, and antioxidants, pureed pumpkin pulp is one of the key ingredients in Eminence Organics Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel. This award-winning treatment removes dead skin cells and reduces the appearance of uneven skin tone and fine lines.
Watch the video below to find out how to use our Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel (By the way, have you subscribed to our YouTube channel yet? Click here to subscribe!)
1. Plant lavender in full sun – it thrives in 6-8 hours of direct sunlight each day.
2. Don’t fertilize your lavender too much or even at all! The better fed your lavender plant, the more leaves it grows and the fewer fragrant buds it produces.
Eminence Organics Lavender Age Corrective Night Concentrate hydrates and replenishes your skin’s appearance while you sleep. In addition to argan oil, jojoba oil and shea butter, the lavender in this concentrate enriches, soothing and softening the look of skin by replenishing moisture.
Want to know more ways that the Eminence Organics family use the lavender herb? Explore the Eminence Certified Organic Farm website for Koronczay family secrets like this delicious Lavender Lemonade recipe.
What plant from the Eminence Certified Organic Farm is inspiring your garden ideas? Share your favorites in the comments below and join the conversation on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube