To help keep your skin looking and feeling healthy from the inside out, we’ve gathered some beautiful green smoothie recipes that you can reach for each morning. Delicious, refreshing and full of Vitamin C, you’re going to love our versatile and extremely healthy recipes.
And the perfect skin care product to accompany your healthy morning routine? Our Citrus & Kale C+E Masque, which is literally a green smoothie for the face. Read on and find out more about these vitamin-rich morning pick me ups.
What Do Vitamins C And E Do For My Skin?
Vitamin C benefits overall skin health by supporting the skin’s barrier function and fighting oxidative stress and free radicals. The effects of oxidation and free radicals come from exposure to sun, pollution and blue light from electronic devices. Products that contain Vitamins C and E, like our Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Masque, help brighten the skin and reduce signs of aging. This effective mask is suitable for all skin types and contains the essential vitamins that improve the appearance of aging, blending citrus, leafy greens and avocado oil. Its formula combines Vitamin C, Vitamin E and ferulic acid to improve the appearance of skin health, including two types of Vitamin C: Vitamin C Salt and stabilized Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) to minimize the the look of fine lines and wrinkles. This mask also contains citrus fruit oils (lemon and grapefruit) to tone and refresh the skin. Learn more about the Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Masque and more about the power of Vitamin C with our full guide here.
Green Smoothie Recipes For Healthy Skin
In these recipes, citrus and kale are our focus, honoring our Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Masque, which harnesses the power of these ingredients. Adding these vitamin-boosters to your skin care routine routine with our Citrus & Kale C+E Masque is one thing, but you can also add them into your morning smoothie.
A few notes before we start with these green smoothie recipes. First, using a high speed blender is a necessity if you want the most creamy and appealing texture. Everyone raves about the VitaMix as the gold standard. Second, store fruit in your freezer so that you always have prepared ingredients whenever you’re in the mood for a smoothie.
The green smoothies below include:
- Citrus Bang Smoothie
- Citrus Ginger Smoothie
- Citrus Ginger Kale Smoothie with Kombucha
- Vegan Mango-Coconut Green Smoothie
- Citrus Green Smoothie With Protein Powder
5 Green Smoothies For Glowing Skin
Recipe 1: Citrus Bang Smoothie
Here’s a healthy kale smoothie recipe from VegKitchen.com that features hydrating ingredients like cucumber, pineapple and coconut water.
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups coconut water unsweetened
- 1 orange peeled
- ½ cucumber peeled
- 2 cups pineapple
- ½ lemon peeled or juiced
Blend together your kale, coconut water, and orange together until you have a smooth mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. You can’t get more simple than that!
Recipe 2: Citrus Ginger Smoothie (With Mint)
This Citrus Ginger Smoothie with mint is a fast way to get in your morning vitamin fix before you start your day. Vanilla And Bean created this wonderful recipe!
- 4 small handfuls of spinach OR a small head of romaine lettuce chopped into 4 chunks
- 4 mandarin oranges or 4 clementines or 3 naval or 3 cara cara oranges peeled
- 1 – 2 frozen bananas chopped into chunks, adjust to taste
- ½ inch piece ginger root (unpeeled)
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 4 – 8 mint leaves. Adjust to taste
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of ice (optional)
Place ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until you have a smooth consistency. You can also add more water to thin out your mixture if you need. You can either drink your smoothie immediately, or store it in a mason jar and refrigerate for around 12 hours.
Recipe 3: Citrus Ginger Kale Smoothie with Kombucha
Talk about healthy smoothies! This Citrus Ginger Kale Smoothie from Connoisseurs Veg even has kombucha in it! The natural recipe suggests that you can also substitute kombucha with fruit juice or water if you prefer.
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves stems removed
- 1 banana (optionally frozen)
- 1 navel orange(with seeds removed)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 cup of kombucha (or sub with fruit juice or water)
Blend your kale, bananas, orange and ginger in a high speed blender and mix until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of pitcher as needed. Add kombucha and blend again until smooth. That’s it!
Recipe 4: Vegan Mango-Coconut Green Smoothie
This Vegan Mango-Coconut Green Smoothie from KitchenTreaty.com will transport you to the tropics with its coconut and mango inclusion.
- 1 cup fresh washed spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango cubes
- ½ medium banana
- ¾ cup light canned coconut milk (can substitute almond milk, but you will miss out on a coconut, tropical flavor so it loses the essence of this recipe)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup ice cubes
Optional Ingredient Additions:
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (this adds a bit more more coconut flavor plus fiber and a little protein)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds (these add some more fiber plus omega-3 fatty acids and a little protein)
- Chopped mango or coconut for topping
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a smooth mixture. Add any toppings you want, and you’re done.
Recipe 5: Citrus Green Smoothie With Protein Powder
This delicious recipe from JoyFoodSunshine.com blends frozen fruit with plant-based protein powder, but whatever protein powder you have in the cupboard is fine to use.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- ½ large grapefruit peeled
- 1 medium orange peeled
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen)
- 2 cups spinach (frozen)
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
Once again, the method is very similar to all of the above smoothie recipes. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a smooth texture.