Since Eminence Organic Skin Care’s inception in 1958, we have relied on sustainable farming and green practices to create natural, organic and Biodynamic® products. From fruits to vegetables, our certified organic farm harvests plants at the peak of the season to ensure the nutrients remain in their most potent form.
Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, apples are one of the many fruits we grow on the farm. This ingredient, sourced from natural and organic farms, finds its way into many of our skin care products, providing benefits from its stem cells to the pulp of the whole fruit. Plus, we share a Hungarian Apple Pie recipe – after all, a healthy diet leads to healthy skin so why not eat your way to a beautiful glow?
The Benefits Of Apple In Skin Care
Rich in antioxidants, apples are packed with polyphenols, catechins, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which protect from drying environmental stressors. The potent apple ingredient can be found in extract form, pulp, or as Swiss green apple stem cells in our skin care.
Pyrus malus fruit extract, also known as apple extract, is useful for smoothing the skin and ensuring that you age gracefully. Powered by antioxidants, these extracts defend your skin from free radicals which help maintain the skin’s youthful-looking elasticity.
We make sure that our fruit ingredients are harvested in their most vital state to produce the most effective skin care products. Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, and seeds, pulps and peels impart regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce.
A few of our products are also formulated with Swiss Green Apple Stem Cells. These plant stem cells are drawn from the Uttwiler Spatlauber apple, filled with proteins and phytonutrients to restore the appearance of vitality to our complexion. This helps give the skin the appearance of firmness and tightness.
Where To Find Apple In Your Skin Care Products
Some of our popular products that contain apples include the Naseberry Treatment Cream. This contains apple extract as a source of essential vitamins, with quercetin and malic acid to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
The Pear & Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher is formulated with green apple, and is a gentle exfoliating mask that polishes skin. Pear and apple pulp infuse your skin’s appearance with bioflavonoids and antioxidants to create a healthy-looking complexion.
Another form of the apple ingredient is included in our Age Corrective Collection as Swiss Green Apple Stem Cells. These plant stem cells are drawn from the Uttwiler Spatlauber apple, packed with proteins and phytonutrients to restore the appearance of youth to our complexion. By blending Swiss Green Apple Stem Cells into our skin care, we can combat the appearance of aging and increase the look of elasticity and firmness.
A Delicious Hungarian Apple Pie Recipe
With the fall harvest winding down, now is perfect the season to share this incredible Hungarian Apple Pie recipe from zserbo.com – one of our favorite sites for Hungarian recipes.
- Baking Pan: 32×32 cm / 12×12 inch
- Box grater
For The Short Pastry:
- 400 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Seeds of a half vanilla bean
- 1x egg
- 90 g yogurt
- Pinch of salt
For The Apple Filling:
- 2 kg (~4 1/2 lb) apple
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp semolina
For The Topping:
- 1 egg
- Place all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients. Rub the butter cubes into the flour using your fingers.
- Add yogurt and 1 egg. Knead until everything is combined well.
- Create 2 two equal balls out of this mixture and then wrap them up with cling film.
- Store them in the fridge.
The Apple Filling
- Wash, peel and take the core out of the apples. Grate the apples using a box grater using the large hole-side.
- Squeeze the juice out of a handful of grated apples, holding onto the grated apples.
- Place this squeezed out grated apple into a pan. Add sugar and cinnamon. Simmer the mixture until tender.
- When the apple mixture looks like it has around 5 minutes until it’s ready, stir in the semolina. Once the mixture looks tender, turn off the heat and set aside to let it cool.
Preparing The Apple Pie
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit).
- Sprinkle your surface with flour. Take your first dough ball from the fridge and roll it out to create a rectangle layer. Now butter your baking pan and place the rectangle layer in the pan.
- Spread the apple filling you prepared earlier onto the pastry layer.
- Get your second dough ball from the fridge and do the same as the first, rolling it out into a rectangle shape. Place this layer on top of the apple filling.
- Crack your egg into a bowl and beat it.
- Using a brush, sweep the egg across the top layer of your apple pie. With a fork, pierce the top layer.
- You’re ready to place the apple pie in the oven for 35 minutes. Once the pie reaches a nice golden color, you can take it out of the oven. Serve it by cutting into squares for a traditional Hungarian experience.
What are your go-to natural ingredients when you’re looking for antioxidants in your diet and your skin care? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below or share with us on social media.